Friday, July 16, 2010

Sea World

Every once in a while Kevin has to go on business trips, and every once in a while he actually goes somewhere fun. Back before we got pregnant with Georgia, I got to go to New York with him. This time he had to go to California. So, we decided that Georgia and I should tag along and make it into a vacation (Georgia's first vacation!) 

The flight went much better than I had expected. Unfortunately, it was completely full, so she had to sit in our laps the whole time.

But she really did well with it. I was worried that her ears would hurt (because mine always do), but she drank lots of water at take-off and landing and didn't seem to have any trouble. We brought some quiet things to entertain her and Nana D sent some things too, so she had plenty to keep her occupied!

Kevin had meetings for the first few days in San Diego and Newport Beach. We basically did a lot of driving and checking into hotels for those first couple of days. But then the real fun began!

First was Sea World.



We were a little unprepared for how cool it was in the evenings, so we weren't properly dressed for Sea World, but we learned for the other days! You have to have one outfit for day time and a warmer one for evening! I was just glad I thought to bring a light jacket for us!


We saw the sea lions 
(or are they seals?- I can never remember the difference!)

 

 


And watched a show with dolphins and whales.

Then we headed over to the main event-
Sesame Street Bay of Play!

 
They had all these cool things for the kids to play with/ on and even had some rides (Georgia was too short for the rides. Kevin sympathizes!)


But Georgia was much more interested in the gift shop!


We saw the Elmo 4D show. She didn't wear the glasses during the movie, but it was still cute without it.


We thought she was going to get her picture made with Elmo and Abby. She was so excited to see them! But there were about 5 people ahead of her in line and she just couldn't be bothered to wait that long!


Then we found this great toddler play area- soft area to run around, soft things to build with, and you had to be shorter than 37" so there were no bigger kids running over her!






We stayed here a WHILE!

She was getting pretty tired by this time and we still had to have dinner before going back to the hotel, so we hit a couple more things on the way out:


funny mirrors



music area

And then we left.
I think her first amusement park visit was a success!
Next up, the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment