Friday, December 16, 2011

Introducing...

Mason Christopher

November 21 we welcomed our newest blessing. Mason arrived weighing in at 8 lbs. 10 oz. and measuring 21 inches long! I knew he was going to be bigger than his sister was, but I had no idea he would be more than a pound bigger! No wonder I was so humongous! 

ready to head to the hospital

Even though he was a week late, the labor and delivery couldn't have gone better!
We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am (and I was STARVING because they make you fast when you're being induced). At 9:00 my doctor came in and broke my water (we were trying to avoid pitocin). Within 30 minutes I started having contractions- and they were real contractions this time, not back labor! I could not have been happier! With Kevin's help, I was able to stick it out without an epidural until 7 cm. After the epidural we had time to watch a little Tiger basketball before Mason made his appearance! About 15 minutes before the game was over, he decided he was ready! After about 10 minutes of pushing, our little man was finally here!

Here are some pictures from the hospital:

 He's here!
 Proud Daddy!
 Georgia coming to meet her Baby Brother
 She was so proud that he was holding her hand!
 First family photo


A word of advice: Never tell a pregnant lady she's going to have her baby early- especially if you have any medical expertise! We were convinced that Mason would be born early so, even though he was only a week past his due date, it felt like a month!

But he was SO worth the wait!


On another note, I guess I'm going to have to come up with a new name for the blog now. Guess I'll start brainstorming...

No comments:

Post a Comment