Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter ONEderland Birthday

I had so much fun planning Georgia's first birthday party! When she was about 6 months old, I started thinking of themes and researching online. I had no less than 5 themes that I was collecting ideas for. But, when all of the winter stuff came out in stores, and Mama got out all of her snowmen for Christmas, Georgia made the decision for me. We found out that she LOVES snowmen, so the "Winter ONEderland" theme won!
So, here's a peek at how the party went:

First, the decor:



 

 We had a table with pictures from Georgia's first year.





The tree was my favorite!





 
Party favors
The kids got mittens, stickers, a penguin water jug, and a snowman book.
The adults got "snowballs." (powdered sugar donut holes)



We made snowmen and put them on the fridge. The hats, eyes, etc. had magnets on the back so the kids could "build" their own snowmen.

 

 
The banner was designed by Dimpleprints, printed by me, and
cut out and hung by Kevin, Mama, and Anna. Thanks for your help!!!

 
This cute cake was made by Brandi Hannon and was a gift from Aunt Anna.
Thanks, Anna and Brandi! We LOVED it!!!

 
We had cake and "snowballs." This was a much easier, and cleaner way to serve ice cream!

 
Hot Cocoa Bar
(We had other stuff too, but I didn't get a picture.)




The invitations (I cropped it a little to remove the address) were also designed by Dimpleprints.


Okay, so here's the part you probably really wanted to see- The Party!




Waiting to greet her guests

(Almost) all of our family and closest friends were at the party.

 

 



It took her a minute to get into the cake. She wasn't sure about her hands being dirty.

 

 

 

She ended up just putting her face in it.

 

 

 

 

She got lots of great gifts...

 

 
but of course the boxes were the best part!

 
She got so much great stuff! She shouldn't need anything else for a WHILE!

Thank you, Mama and Daddy, for letting us use your house.
Thanks to Mama, Daddy, Anna, and Kevin for helping me pull it all together!
Thanks to everyone who came- especially those who had to travel!
And thanks for reading this extremely long post!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a darling girl! And just as sweet. She loved everything and I could tell. You whisper Happy Happy Birthday to my little great niece please. One is a perfect darlng number for her.

    ReplyDelete