Getting back to the Friday Five...
Today's Friday Five is: Five of my favorite Georgia-isms.
The girl loves to talk! We usually even know what she's saying. There is one phrase, though, that we haven't figured out and there is a prize for anyone who tells us what she's saying! If you'd like to enter the contest, just stop by one day for an hour or so. I'm sure she'll say it at some point while you're here!
(I'll throw some pictures in here too. Otherwise, I know some of you might quit reading!)
Here they are (in no particular order. And these may not even be the "top" five, just some favorites that I thought of off the top of my head):
1. "Hep" or "Hep ooo"- She learned to ask for help quite a while ago. (We thought it was better than her throwing a fit when she needed help!) And she's been pretty good about asking when she needs it, but she has started getting "Help you" mixed up with #2 lately:
2. "Hold you"- I have always loved when kids say this. I guess I hadn't really ever asked her "Do you want me to hold you?" until recently. She had always just said "up" (or "down"- she confused those a lot!) So, one day in the past month or so, when she was wanting up, I asked "Do you want me to hold you?" And since then she has started saying it. But she has transferred it over to when she wants something. She'll say "Hold you book" if she wants a book she can't reach, or anything else she wants. But I love it most when she says "Hold you Mama"!
3. "Oh-kee"- Some kids I know answer "yes" or "no" when you ask if they want something, but not Georgia. If she asks for something, like a cracker, and you say "Do you want a cracker?" her answer is "oh-kee!" She'll also say it if you tell her to do (or not to do) something. It's definitely at the top of my list of favorites!
4. "A-meh, a-meh"- I have no idea where she came up with this one, but it is so sweet! Often when a song is over at church, she'll whisper "a-meh, a-meh." (Amen) I just LOVE it!
5. (this should probably be #1) "Uh wuf a Mama...a much!"- She is (almost) always very sweet when we finish changing her diaper. She'll give hugs or kisses, but my favorite is when she puts her arms around me, lays her head on my shoulder, and says, "Uh wuf a Mama...a much!" (I love Mama, so much!) It melts my heart every time!
I "wuf" Georgia, so much!

Number 4 and 5 are great! The last time I was at church she talked to Ashley and me and it was so cute. She has the sweetest little voice!
ReplyDelete