It seems like everyday Georgia surprises me with
something she says.
something she says.
Here are some of my favorites recently:
* I'll be working in the kitchen, or just generally otherwise engaged, Georgia will be playing nicely by herself. Then out of nowhere, she'll run to wherever I am and say "Hey Mama, wish you mae-ee Kiss-muss!" and run off again. She hasn't figured out yet that Christmas is over. Even though the decorations are long gone! Nearly every day I still get requests to sing "Da San Cwaus Song" (Santa Claus is Coming to Town) or "Frossy Snowman."
* With some of the warmer weather we've been having, we've been able to pull out some short sleeves on occasion. One day, I was wearing short sleeves and this was the conversation while changing G's diaper:
G: Wha' is it, Mama? (pointing to my elbow)
Me: That's Mama's elbow
G: Mama's elbow dirty!
(I have terribly dry skin, especially in the winter.
I promptly went and put MORE lotion on.
She sure knows how to make me feel good!)
I promptly went and put MORE lotion on.
She sure knows how to make me feel good!)
* After opening her gifts and cards she got for Valentine's Day, it was time to change her diaper and put on her pajamas. Kevin went to change her and she insisted on taking one of her cards with her (She always wants to take something with her. Is that normal?) So, while she's laying there getting her diaper changed, she's admiring her card and I hear "Dass a nice card." Such a grown-up thing coming from such a little girl! It sounds like something her Papa would say. Maybe they're spending too much time together!
* There have been a few times recently that we have gone to leave a room, Georgia will walk to the doorway, stop, grab the door frame and say "Oh, got for somefing." It took me a little while to figure out this is something she has heard from me MANY times- "Oh, I forgot something!" Silly girl!
* This one was completely random, and completely hilarious! We were reading books. She would bring me a book, hop down, walk across the room, throw it down, and get another one. On one of her trips, though, she walked across the room, threw the book down, and said "I ah-some." Just very matter-of-fact. I said, "Did you just say you're awesome?" And she, again, very matter-of-factly, said Yes.
I agree, though. She is pretty awesome!

Those are too funny. I really like the "I got for somefing"
ReplyDeleteHaha! She really is ah-some! :o) And maybe she thinks it's still Christmas because Aunt Anna still has her Christmas lights up... :o)
ReplyDelete