Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Five... and an Announcement

No, I'm not pregnant! I know that's what you thought the announcement was! The announcement is:

My little baby is trying to grow up... and I'm not sure I like it!
My sweet little baby has not nursed in over a week! If you had asked me when she was a few weeks old, I would have told you I could not wait until the day I could stop nursing her! We had more than our fair share of problems in the beginning, but I am so glad that we stuck with it! (Thanks to my wonderful support system!) I was slowly trying to wean her for a while, but last week she kind of just finished the job for me. One night when we were going to bed she asked for her cup instead of "milk" so I gave it to her. And she hasn't asked for it since! There are definite pros and cons to her being weaned, so I guess you could say it's bitter sweet.

Pros:
  • She weaned herself! I was so afraid of it being a struggle (because she LOVED her milk!), so I'm thankful it was so easy!
  • I'm not the only one who can put her down for naps/ bedtime. She has taken a few naps for my parents or for Kevin, but not many. And I think I can count on one hand the number of times Kevin as been able to put her to bed. So, this might be kind of freeing (eventually)!
  • Now that I'm not nursing we can start to find out what's going on with my fertility issues.
  • I can wear what I want to, any time! No more worrying about whether or not I can nurse in a particular top/ dress!
Cons:
  • It means she's growing up!
  • No more immunities from Mama. I just hope her body has built up plenty of its own!
  • I miss that sweet cuddle time that was just for us. For a while now it has been just about the only time she would sit still. I can get her to rock with me for a few minutes, but that's it!
  • The easiest and best way to comfort her is gone. I'm going to have to learn some new tricks for comforting her when she's sick or gets hurt.
All in all I know it's a good thing and it had to happen sooner or later. And I am very thankful that it was an easy process. But I will certainly miss this stage of her life!

On a happier note, today's Friday five is the many faces of Georgia:

Happy

Camera Smile

"Sleepy"

Serious

Concentration

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment