Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you mothers reading this enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did!
I'm very blessed to still have both of my grandmothers and got to spend the day with them, as well as with my amazing Mama, my sweet baby girl, my wonderful husband, Granddaddy, Daddy, and Anna! It was a great day!





I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mama! Thank you for the way raised me. Thank you for raising me in a Christian home. Thank you for making the necessary sacrifices to stay home with me and Anna as we were growing up. Because of that I understand how important it is and am dedicated to giving Georgia that same gift. Thank you for spanking me "that time you thought I needed it"! Thank you for taking care of Nanna every day and being a great example of selflessness. And, most of all, thank you for teaching me how to be a mama! And for being such a great Grandma to Georgia!

As I was choosing a picture of Mama and Georgia for this post, I realized even more what a good Mama she is. I was looking for a picture of the two of them the night Georgia was born and couldn't find one. I'm sure she held her that night, but in the background of several of the pictures you can see her taking care of me while everyone else spends time with Georgia! I love you, Mama, you're the best!


I am also very blessed to have a great mother-in-law. You know those mother-in-laws that you see on sitcoms? Well, Darla is exactly the opposite of that! She treats me (and her other children-in-law) just like we were her own kids. I am so appreciative of the way she raised Kevin. She taught him not only to be a good son, but also a wonderful husband and father, and just a great person overall! I love her for her kind, gentle spirit, her giving heart, and the endless love she shows Georgia! Happy Mother's Day, Nana D!

And the greatest blessing of all- being Georgia's mama!
I love my baby girl!


Before you were conceived, I dreamed of you.
Before you were born, I loved you.


When you were born, I saw your face
and knew I was in love.


And, thank you for my new camera, Kevin! I LOVE IT!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish there was a "Like" button on here like there is on facebook because I would have to hit it about a hundred times! This was such an awesome post! Your mom and mom-in-law are so awesome. And you are such a great mom to Georgia! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
    P.S.- I made the mistake of letting Jacob look at this with me. Now he keeps pointing to the screen demanding for "Pictuwes Geogia Jenny"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the kind words. I'm so glad that you're my daughter and that we're friends. You're doing an amazing job of mothering Georgia. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete