In order to help ensure that I post to the blog at least weekly, I've decided to start posting a Friday Five post every week. It will be about 5 things going on in our lives. It may be new things Georgia is doing. It may be just 5 favorite pictures from the week. It may be me complaining about five things that are driving me crazy! But I'm hoping this will make me post every Friday... We'll see!
1. We finally moved Georgia up to a convertible carseat. She was still actually under the weight limit but had reached the length limit. The new seat is SO big! She didn't seem to like it much at first, but I think she's used to it now. I'm not that fond of it yet. It's so big that it's almost impossible to reach back there and hand her things when shestarts screaming needs something. (Since she's still rear-facing.) Oh well! I'm sure I'll get used to it!
Big girl in her big seat!
1. We finally moved Georgia up to a convertible carseat. She was still actually under the weight limit but had reached the length limit. The new seat is SO big! She didn't seem to like it much at first, but I think she's used to it now. I'm not that fond of it yet. It's so big that it's almost impossible to reach back there and hand her things when she
Big girl in her big seat!
2. Georgia has always been a talker (for her age)! But this week she seems to be talking even more! Last weekend she said her first two-word sentence. She and Kevin were playing peek-a-boo around the couch and when he would hide, I would say "Where's Daddy?" One of the times I said it, she repeated with "Ess Dada?" It was just too cute! And there have been several days this week that she has just seemed to talk non-stop!
Another of her new two- word sentences is "Whah saa?" Actually, she usually says "Oooo, whah saa?!" This usually happens when we're walking through the store and she sees something she thinks looks interesting. But she'll also point to pictures in books and say "Whah saa?"- usually over and over until we've named everything on the page!
Another of her new two- word sentences is "Whah saa?" Actually, she usually says "Oooo, whah saa?!" This usually happens when we're walking through the store and she sees something she thinks looks interesting. But she'll also point to pictures in books and say "Whah saa?"- usually over and over until we've named everything on the page!
One more new phrase- upside down. She understands what this means now and can say it (when she wants to). She used to just say "dow" meaning both "down" (like on the floor) and upside down. Now, she'll take her stuffed frog or a book, hold it upside down and say "uh-sigh-dow." Or, if she says it when you're holding her or she's sitting in your lap, it means she wants to be upside down- and you better watch out because she might be about to throw her body backwards!
3. Sunday we had a family reunion of sorts. My cousin thought it would be fun to have a party for Nanna and get the whole family together, which hasn't happened in a LONG time! So we had kind of an early Mother's Day celebration. (In case you don't know, Nanna's not been doing very well lately.) I think she really enjoyed it, even though it wore her out! And it was great to see everybody!
Our branch of the family
The grandkids
Georgia had her own entourage all day!
Our branch of the family
The grandkids
Georgia had her own entourage all day!
4. Georgia LOVES music! She often looks up at me and says "song!" Then I just have to figure out which one she's talking about! Her newest favorite is The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Yesterday she started trying to do the little hand movements herself. She does pretty well, if I do say so myself!
5. Did I mention she loves music? If she hears a song she likes she'll stop and "dance." Unfortunately she seems to have gotten her dancing abilities from me! But it's cute when you're little! There is a little music video we have recorded with some kids dancing and she tries to do what they do-clapping, jumping, "sleeping," etc. In fact, today she was addicted to it and wanted to see it over and over... and over and over!
(I thought I had videos to go with #4 and #5, but they didn't record. So I'll leave you with my new favorite picture instead!)
(I thought I had videos to go with #4 and #5, but they didn't record. So I'll leave you with my new favorite picture instead!)




I LOVE that picture of you and G!!! Who took it? It is so sweet! And I didn't even know she could say "upside down" or any 2-word sentences, and I see the kid like 3 times a week? I'm a terrible aunt!
ReplyDeleteI love this picture too! (The black and white one at the end.)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea with the Friday 5! Maybe that will keep you on task. But you mentioned that it might be you complaining about 5 things that drive you crazy...I just can't imagine you doing that!!! :)
The picture is one of the ones we had made back in March.
ReplyDeleteAnna- sounds like you need to spend more time with your niece! Good thing you're coming to play today!
Angela- I know, it would be a stretch for me, but I bet I could do it! ;^)