Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas (Part 1)

I know I'm late with this post.
I just really don't know where to begin.
I feel like Christmas started for us right after Thanksgiving
(probably because it did)!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we had Christmas with the Malones (my mom's side of the family).
We always do Dirty Santa and this year we had a "theme." All of the gifts were edible. It was lots of fun! I think the two biggest gifts were a pecan pie and some kettle corn.


It's always fun to see who steals what a who goes home with what!

Between that Christmas and Christmas Eve, we kept ourselves more than busy decorating for Christmas,

 
buying gifts, wrapping gifts,

and doing some crafts.

Next came Christmas with the Stanfords.
The night before Christmas Eve we had dinner at my cousin's house with the whole Stanford clan (minus one cousin). We haven't done this in years! It was really nice
(but I forgot to take my camera).

On Christmas Eve, we had Christmas
at my parents house, with my grandparents.
It began kind of the way I expected it to. We ate dinner. Georgia, of course was the first one finished.
And then she couldn't wait to dig into the presents!

When she opened one, she wanted to play with it for a while before moving on to the next.

But then, she got un-interested in opening.
In fact, after a few gifts, we had to start "tricking" her into opening by telling her she was "helping" somebody else!

She got some really fun presents:

her own laptop,

a kitchen,

play food,

and her shopping cart.
(Luckily, most of these toys are staying at Maw-maw and Papa's house. We are quickly running out of room at our house!)

Christmas morning, my whole family came to our house to watch Georgia open more presents.


We had a delicious breakfast, complete with a waffle bar, and then the festivities began.

Just like Christmas Eve, she gladly ripped into the first gift...

and then needed to play for a while.

(she's saying "star")
I think she was pretty pleased with everything she got...

but it wasn't long before we could tell she had had enough!

One thing we learned, she likes what's inside the wrapping and bows better than the act of unwrapping. Now we're prepared for her birthday- we're putting multiple gifts in one box!

Next up, Christmas with the Freehardts!

No comments:

Post a Comment