Planning kids' birthday parties is so much fun!
Somehow, though, it always ends up taking longer to set it all up than I thought it would!
(Thanks to Mama and Kevin for helping me get it all together!)
For Georgia's second birthday, we went with a
Sesame Street theme.
Sesame Street theme.
Georgia goes through lots of little phases where she likes to watch different shows, but she always likes Sesame Street! So we thought it was perfect! (And it didn't hurt that Angela threw a Sesame Street party for her little boy last year, so I could steal her ideas get inspiration from her!)
(designed by the talented Jennifer Wooster!)
Welcome to Georgia's World!
(The sign on the door was made by my dear friend, Angela and I made the party sign- with a little help from Kevin and my mom!)
These cuties greeted everyone as they walked in the door
Plenty of Sesame Street toys for the guests to play with...
including this great game Angela made!
These cuties greeted everyone as they walked in the door
Plenty of Sesame Street toys for the guests to play with...
including this great game Angela made!
Centerpiece in the dining room
Centerpiece in the kitchen
Mantel with pictures of Georgia from birth until now
Banner made by me (and hung by Mama and Kevin)
and Cookie Monster sign made by Angela
Ice cream sandwiches made from chocolate chip cookies
(great idea from Angela!)
The kids' goody bags with tags designed by Jennifer Wooster
The adults got goody bags too,
to fill with cookies from the cookie buffet.
Sign over the goody bag table made by Mama and me!
The amazing Oscar sign Angela drew! Her talents never cease to amaze me!
And, now, the part you really wanted to see- pictures of Georgia!
She had lots of fun...
playing with her friends...
and dancing while Elmo played the guitar.
She had no interest in stopping for pictures!
She loves to sing Happy Birthday... all the time and to anybody!
Blowing out the candle
Georgia seemed less than impressed with the ice cream sandwich cookies- I don't think she was expecting the cold! (I'm SO glad you caught this picture, Maggie!)
She much preferred the regular chocolate chip cookies!
But the guests seemed to enjoy them!
She got lots of great gifts!
Centerpiece in the kitchen
Mantel with pictures of Georgia from birth until now
Banner made by me (and hung by Mama and Kevin)
and Cookie Monster sign made by Angela
Ice cream sandwiches made from chocolate chip cookies
(great idea from Angela!)
The kids' goody bags with tags designed by Jennifer Wooster
The adults got goody bags too,
to fill with cookies from the cookie buffet.
Sign over the goody bag table made by Mama and me!
The amazing Oscar sign Angela drew! Her talents never cease to amaze me!
And, now, the part you really wanted to see- pictures of Georgia!
She had lots of fun...
playing with her friends...
and dancing while Elmo played the guitar.
She had no interest in stopping for pictures!
She loves to sing Happy Birthday... all the time and to anybody!
Blowing out the candle
Georgia seemed less than impressed with the ice cream sandwich cookies- I don't think she was expecting the cold! (I'm SO glad you caught this picture, Maggie!)
She much preferred the regular chocolate chip cookies!
But the guests seemed to enjoy them!
She got lots of great gifts!
D and Grandpa got Georgia a wagon, so Daddy spent the rest of the party pulling everyone around in it!
She paused for a moment to say "Cheese!"
All in all I think it was a great day!
I hope she had as much fun as I did!
Thanks to Angela, Kevin and Mama for helping me pull it all together,
To Jennifer for designing the invitations and tags,
and to Maggie for playing photographer!




It was a great party. I hope when Georgia gets older she appreciates how much time and effort you put into these things. Whew! You had every detail planned out. I don't know how you do it. She's such a sweetie - I love my G :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Georgia's a lucky girl :) Just out of curiosity, do you have a Cricut or something to do all of those letters on the banner? It's a really cute idea, but I don't want to cut a ton of letters.
ReplyDeleteGreat party Jenny! You are so creative. I loved EVERYTHING!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, everybody! I always have so much fun with the planning! (And sometimes I change my mind about the theme a few times along the way!)
ReplyDeleteYes, Susan, I used my Cricut for the banner and the "This party was brought to you by" sign. I LOVE my Cricut! One of the best gifts Kevin ever got me!
The whole party looked great Jenny! Jennifer did an awesome job on those invitations. She's so talented.
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome Jenny! And if you stuck with the budget that you told me about, I'm in awe. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute ideas! It looked like a lot of fun!!
ReplyDelete