This year we won't be having Georgia's birthday party until 2 weeks after her actual birthday.
I was determined, though, to make her actual birthday a special day, and not pass over it as if it were just another day.
The night before her birthday we went to see Maw-maw before she left for her cruise. We ate dinner and then Maw-maw brought out a surprise cake and card. I knew that she would be more excited about the ice cream than the cake, but I did not expect that she would reject both of them for the sprinkle decorations on the cake. Not only did she want to eat them, she wanted to dictate what color she wanted! And, of course, her grandparents cooperated with her and she was very happy!
Here's how we celebrated on the actual day:
Here's how we celebrated on the actual day:
We started with a delicious breakfast- muffins! Her favorite!
(Funny story, when she saw her "Happy Birthday" banner, she walked over to it, pointing at each circle, and said "Snowflake, H, a, p, So cuuute!" I think she liked it! And, yes, that is the banner from last year's birthday! I like to recycle!)
Later, we let her open a few gifts.
And, of course, she had to stop and play with each one after she opened it!
Thanks for the books, Aunt Kara!
Grandpa and D sent her a tricycle.
She scooted around the living room on it. It was much too cold to be outside!
But her feet don't come close to reaching the pedals! They barely reach the floor!
Just before naptime, Georgia got to play with play-doh for the first time.
I think she liked it, but she really examined it.
And this is what I got when I asked her to look at me and smile. Um, thanks!
We also watched some old home movies throughout the day. I'm not sure she understood that the little baby on tv was her!
After her nap, she watched the end of the Tigers game with Daddy.
Then, we met Papa for dinner.
After dinner we went to the mall and she had her first...
and second ride on the carousel.
Then we went to the play area and finally got some ice cream.
I really enjoyed our day, and I hope she did too!
Now I just have to finish getting everything ready for the party!
I really enjoyed our day, and I hope she did too!
Now I just have to finish getting everything ready for the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment