Two years ago at this time, we knew it wouldn't be long until we met the girl who had been determined not to cooperate thus far. When we tried to have ultrasounds to find out if you were a boy or a girl, you wouldn't show us. When we tried to get you to make your debut a week early, in 2008, you refused. You already had your own ideas about things. You had decided being punctual was important, so you woke me up at 4:50am on your due date to get things going.
And then you were here.
(Well, maybe it wasn't all that easy, but we'll leave out the details!)
And I knew that my life had changed forever-
in the best way possible!
Over the past two years, we've really been winging it.
We've watched you go from a sweet, tiny baby, who loved nothing more than sleeping and nursing...
To learning to roll over...
sit up...
And then you were here.
(Well, maybe it wasn't all that easy, but we'll leave out the details!)
And I knew that my life had changed forever-
in the best way possible!
Over the past two years, we've really been winging it.
We've watched you go from a sweet, tiny baby, who loved nothing more than sleeping and nursing...
To learning to roll over...
sit up...
learn to dress and un-dress,
wean yourself,
go on your first vacation (complete with first airplane ride, first amusement park, and first time at the beach!),
talk (a lot!),
count,
sing,
ride your first pony,
get your first haircut,
and learn to jump.
You amaze me every day. You are like a little sponge soaking up everything you see and hear. You learned to label your body parts before I even knew you could. When I thought you knew how to count to 3, you proved me wrong and counted to 10!
You are such a sweet girl (most of the time). When you play with other kids and somebody wants the toy you have, you would usually rather let them have it than have confrontation.
At 2 years old:
You love to draw and color.
You like to sing songs (Your favorites are Happy Birthday and Santa Claus is Coming to Town)
Your favorite snack is yogurt covered raisins (white raisins).
You love the Tigers, and singing the Fight Song with Daddy.
You love reading books.
You're good at giving orders. ("Daddy, sit down, 'wight' here.")
You want to try everything by yourself.
You would rather not eat, most of the time. (I think you got that from me- sorry!)
You don't like loud noises.
You hate getting water in your face.
You can count to 16.
You identify all of your uppercase and lowercase letters.
You are just learning to recognize numbers.
And you can jump better than any 2 year old I've ever seen!
I am enjoying every minute of watching you grow and learn.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Before you were conceived, I dreamed of you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
I am enjoying every minute of watching you grow and learn.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Before you were conceived, I dreamed of you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
When you were born, I saw your face
and knew I was in love.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!




So sweet Jenny! Happy Birthday, Georgia!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Georgia! Such a sweet post.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet Jenny :-)
ReplyDeleteWow, this is by far my favorite post of any blog post I have ever read! You are such a good mom and it's not hard to see how much you love your baby. I cannot believe how much she has grown! And she never ceases to amaze me with how brilliant she is!
ReplyDelete